Your Ad Here

Wednesday

Purpose of this blog

Hi - this is my first post on this blog. I have been in the technology industry for over 10 years as a consultant, business analyst and projects manager. I moved into the IT Strategy and Governance (ITSG) space after about 5 years ago, where I was more in the delivery space. The ITSG area exposed me to the business case development process and the topic of benefits management. Most organizations struggle to define good benefits and that is why business case value propositions are some times very subjective. If you can't define and then quantify benefits, all the financial calculations (like NPV, IRR) will be pretty meaningless. Also, poor benefits definition will make the whole benefits management process redundant and hence no way of objectively saying that beenfits were realized.

This is a blog for professionals to share their views, questions and ideas around the Benefits Management process, in terms of defining benefits during the investment or business case process, managing and measuring benefits to eventually realizing the benefits when the solution is delivered. We will touch on various related topics and good resources. My focus, per my background, will be on benefits from technology or process solutions, however there is no reason other types of projects cannot use the same rationale.

If you know of any good links, resources or information you would like to share please share it with me and I will put it on this site.

No comments: