Your Ad Here

Wednesday

Business Case Templates

Started on a new activity in my current project - putting together a business case template. I have done a few of these in the past so have a good idea of what needs to be done. The key sections are Executive Summary, Background/Case for Change, Cost/Benefit Analysis, Approach and alternative solution analysis. Off course each client will have unique requirements and constraints for which you must tailor the business case.

I also thought that I would check out the web to see what is out there and I ended up finding some useful templates. For example I found one by the CIO office of the South Carolina Local Government. It is quite detailed (more than I needed) - but has some good explanations of each of the sections.

Going forward for the blog, I have created a Free Business Case Templates list on the right pane, within which I will put the links to good (and free) business case templates I find on the web. One day I hope to post the templates I have developed, but client confidentiality agreements prevent me from doing this right now.

If you see any good business cases or benefit register templates let me know and I will post it and credit you for it!

No comments: